SUCCESS IN REAL ESTATE FOR FIRST TIMERS
A Series of Six Important Stages to Understand
Stage 4: Viewing Homes
When viewing properties it is important to remain objective. My job is to help you understand the importance of looking beyond surface aesthetics. I will assess each opportunity and how closely the home meets your criteria, taking into account the following:
- The ability for you to live comfortably, according to your pre-determined criteria
- The home's exterior features from the foundation to the walls, the roof, drainage, windows, doors, fencing and landscaping
- The quality of the home's interior finishes and fixtures such as walls, floors, outlets and switches, lighting, kitchen and bathroom fixtures, and appliances.
- The home's heating, cooling, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Noise levels from neighbouring properties, the street, cars and public transport, and where applicable, highways, railways and airports
- Opportunities to improve the home if it does not immediately meet your criteria
I can help you take an objective look, beyond the window dressing, at the homes we choose to view and provide you with the tools and resources that will result in a successful property purchase. To learn more, read these other related posts or contact me anytime.